My take on things

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Why we named her after St. John the Baptist

          June 24, exactly a year ago, we learned about our first baby's gender. The little girl inside my womb was so elated to make her appearance on the screen when we had the ultrasound that she even waved her hands at us! The doctor said, "ang likot na bata!" (what a lively baby!).

It was the feast of St. John the Baptist that day. I then recalled the story when Mama Mary visited her cousin, St. Elizabeth, and the child in her womb who moved and leaped for joy.

St. John the baptist, being one who symbolically baptized Jesus, is one of the saints I venerate the most. It is because of his influence in my life that I also offer our child to God. Not only is she a child of God but her spirit belongs to the Lord.

Thus, the name Eliza Yohan was given to our first born; Yohan being the feminine name for John.

Happy feast day, Saint John the Baptist! Thank you for being a light to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment